Sunday 10 May 2015

Why I Joined: Nirmala (Mala) Arunasalam

The last member of the team to introduce is Nirmala, over to you...




I, Dr Nirmala (Mala) Arunasalam am a Senior Lecturer in nursing at the School of Health and Social Work at the University of Hertfordshire.  My interests are in globalisation, internationalisation, Transnational Higher Education, continuing professional development, interculturalism and multiculturalism.  This has provided me with an appreciation of different institutional cultures and the varying ways in which people approach similar tasks.

Poland has also joined the European Union and turning into the next international hub, so I look forward to gaining knowledge of  the Polish Higher Education system.  It will enable me to understand European culture and share aspects of Asian and UK culture so that good practice can be shared across a range of cultures and institutions.  In addition, it will allow me to network with the Polish who are considered aspirational and determined – aspects that I admire and strive to follow in my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment